Direct Redress Limited is committed to protecting the personal privacy of its clients and users of this site. We value your privacy in respect of all personal information you send to us, as a result of your use of this site.
We will treat all and any information received confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act and will only use that information to allow us to deal with your enquiry, with the exception of where the law requires us to disclose it, or where it is necessary to disclose the information to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
If you wish to see the information we hold on you, you are within your rights to make a request. Please note that there is a standard £10 administration charge and we your details will be submitted within four weeks from payment being made.
Please contact us via telephone if you are in any doubt or wish to check the status of an email sent to us.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Company needs to collect and use certain types of information about citizens and other individuals who come into contact with the Company. This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, in a computer, or recorded on other material – and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Company regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important and therefore ensures that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly. To this end the Company fully endorses and adheres to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed,
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes,
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data,
- shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
The Company will, through appropriate management, strict application of criteria and controls:
- observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information,
- meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used,
- collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements,
- ensure the quality of information used,
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held,
- ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. (These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one’s personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information),
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information,
- ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards,
- treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information,
- set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information.
In addition, the Company will ensure that:
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through it’s server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and it’s external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.